Industrial IoT – Backend Software Engineer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- We are seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join the Industrial IoT development group. Sensata’s Industrial business works closely with the industry’s leading OEMs and End Users to provide advanced, differentiated remote monitoring and data insights for smart factories.
- Our products increase visibility into operations and provide deep insights in a broad range of applications all the way from sensing layer to predictive maintenance. You are someone with demonstrated success and industry experience in backend software development on cloud platforms, and through understanding of backend software architectures.
- Execute IIOT strategy to deliver Industrial goals and product roadmap.
- Manage the software bridge between sensors, gateways and cloud infrastructure.
- Define and drive the ways sensors collect and report data back to the cloud
- Create solutions for data ingest and data parsing.
- Able to manage data from low power long range sensors, third party gateways, cellular carriers, and architect data pipelines.
- Proficiency with relational databases (mySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience with Docker, virtualized servers, AWS and Cassandra desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A university degree and 4-6 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree) or a higher level degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Doctorate degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Collaborating at Sensata means working with some of the world’s most talented people in an enriching environment that is constantly pushing towards the next best thing.
- Employees work across functions, countries and cultures gaining new perspectives through mutual respect and open communication.
- As OneSensata , we are working together to make things work together
- If you are a current Sensata employee (or one of our Affiliates), please back out of this application and log into Workday via the Company Intranet to apply directly. Type "FIND JOBS" in the Workday search bar.