Senior Technical Program Manager- Connected Cars
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- We build solutions, which touches and defines the experience of more than 8 million Mercedes-Benz customers who use our connected car functions.
- We invest in building resilient and scalable solutions in the cloud using best development practices and state of the art cloud platforms.
- We believe if you build the best product then you don't have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night to address an incident!
- We collaborate with colleagues from various delivery hubs of Daimler to deliver cutting edge in car experience for our customers.
- We own end-to-end delivery responsibilities and promote/adopt "You build it you run it" culture.
- We love polyglot programming and always choose the right technology and language to fit the need.
- We believe in Curiosity & Continuous experimentation as our mantra towards success.
- We call it as 3 dimensional leadership around Technology Leadership, Product/Program management and People development.
- As Technology Leader, the manager is expected to continuous watch/ learn from best in class from the Industry around Cloud & Connectivity space. Keep a technology watch on new age companies to find best tools, platform and practices that would make sense to bring to applications, platforms that we develop for complex IOT usecases of Connected Car.
- In Product Management role, the manager is expected to guide the team members to think product at the hands of customer and prepare relevant metrics to define Data Driven development approach for product/function. It also requires close coordination with Global Product Owners/Product Management team and other stakeholders to ensure successful adoption of the product.
- In Program Management role, the manager has to bring in agile practices at scale (say SAFe) to define right program increments, synchronization and cadence to ensure best in class software delivered to product. Manager has to an agile coach himself and mentor the team on right practices.
- People development: As quote goes “you take care of employees and they will take care of your business”, the fundamental element of business is people. As manager, it is expected to ensure continuously work on development of people in terms of technical training, new practices of software development, team building, working in international context. You anchor culture in the team and that cascades to interfaces and larger team that you collaborate with. You are encouraged to provide continuous feedback and coaching to team (just not during appraisal cycles)
- Finally, spare sometime to ensure adherence and work on operational topics that are relevant to organizational context.
- 12 to 15 year of software experience with Bachelors/Masters of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 3+ years of experience in managing software development teams for Cloud native applications, platform
- Good understanding on Agile and DevOps practice
- Work experience in international context with product development mindset
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations