Digital Solution Engineer
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Howden is a global engineering business who focuses on providing clients with industrial products that help multiple sectors improve their everyday processes. Howden’s core focus is on providing quality solutions for air and gas handling, and have over a century of experience in doing so.
- The Digital Solution Engineer will be responsible for all phases of customers solution development and implementation of Uptime digital projects. The position will support the sales team to solve customer problems with solutions that transform the way they do business and the way Howden is able to interact with them. This is a remote position, you'll enjoy the flexibility to work from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the technical development and implementation of digital solutions to connect our diverse range of products to our monitoring and analytics platform throughout the Americas region
- Identify sensor, instrumentation and systems integration requirements for region projects and support their implementation with a team of local business / product engineering, operations and field service resources.
- Configure analytics and monitoring features of Howden Uptime platform ensuring it delivers on customer use cases and results in successful customer projects
- Support new build and aftermarket sales teams in developing technical solutions to solve customer problems, and communicating complex technical and cybersecurity details simply and effectively to capture new opportunities
- Interface with global digital product team to stay current on latest digital product updates, and to communicate region technical needs and customer feedback for product enhancement
- Enhance process for defining, planning, connecting, configuring and onboarding new customer projects to enable customer retention and scale and share best practices to increase global growth
- What do you need to bring?
- 10+ years experience with industrial sensors and instrumentation, control systems, and IoT solutions
- Knowledge of industrial processes and IT/OT systems and platforms
- Proficiency documenting solution designs using conceptual and physical diagrams
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or related field with proven experience in software deployment
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with customers and internal teams regarding plans, products, issues, timelines and solution value
- Familiarity with mechanical / rotating equipment, thermodynamics, vibration analysis, etc.
- Experience with common US PLC’s: Rockwell Automation / Allen Bradley, Honeywell, Emerson, etc.
- Experience with PTC ThingWorx Industrial IoT platform
- Proficiency in fundamental data science and machine learning concepts and processes
- Experience with Python, R, SQL / Postgres databases, MQTT, REST APIs
- Passion for and track record of delivering enterprise digital transformation at scale
- We offer the right candidate, a great opportunity to develop professionally and personally in an international company, who is focused on delivering environmentally friendly products to the world. It's an opportunity to work for a global engineering organization in a challenging and dynamic role with great development opportunities. Furthermore you will be working across all divisions in Americas region.