Software Developer - Detection and Counts
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Have you ever noticed a traffic light that makes people wait for no reason, or a don't walk sign that appears even when someone is in the middle of the crosswalk Would you be interested in working with state of the art technology to build something real that affects quality of life for ordinary people?
- Miovision's Detection and Counts team is dedicated to making traffic lights and transportation infrastructure smarter. More responsive to the people using it - to be safer, more efficient, and more equitable.
- You will build interfaces that work on hardware sitting in traffic cabinets around the world as well as on our SaaS web platform. Your work will help improve traffic in neighbourhoods close to you as well as in other countries.
- Our tech stack in the cabinet is built on Node.js and our web platform is Angular, Typescript built on top of Java and Kotlin services running on Kubernetes and using Snowflake and Apache Kafka in the back end to name a few things.
- Collaborate with the team and system architects to develop a long-term technical vision and a shared roadmap
- Develop high-quality systems from initial design/prototype phase to production
- Peer review code to ensure that it aligns to our code quality standard
- Enable fast iteration through build, test, and deployment automation
- Evaluate and recommend changes to existing systems, including new technologies and refactoring opportunities
- Evaluate performance, cost, and scalability of live systems
- Influence the future by proposing new features, prototyping new system components and products, and unlock capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Deep experience in service architecture development, monitoring and operation with some front end development experience
- Expertise with cloud software architecture
- A history of taking ownership of problems and delivering complete and high-quality solutions
- Curiosity to dive into technical details of how things work
- C/C++ embedded development experience, or a strong networking background would be an asset
Technologies we use
- SQL, Snowflake
- AWS Services - ECS, IoT
- Apache Kafka
- Docker, kubernetes
- Embedded C/C++
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Enhanced paternity and maternity leaves
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness Perks - on-site gym, fitness classes, massage therapy and chiropractic care
- Free Parking
- Office snacks and drinks
- A games room including ping pong, foosball and pinball machines!
- Employee and Family events (golf tournament, summer picnic, Children’s Christmas party)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please indicate if you require accommodation on your application, and our team will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.