Location : New York, NY
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- As a Software Engineer at IBM in CIO Digital Workplace Engineering, you will be integral to the process of invention and innovation. You will develop exciting solutions that change the way IBMers work. You'll work in a collaborative, welcoming environment where new ideas drive technological transformation. We work in small, cross-functional teams with big goals, so you will need to be adaptive and adept at clear communication. We strive to produce scalable solutions, and you will need to be familiar with how an automated framework helps drive them.
- The IBM CIO organization is building an agile organization which provides best in industry solutions to employees to create a productive work environment. The Digital Workplace Engineering organization plays a major role in this mission by delivering digital workplace solutions. We are a custom software development team that works on web and mobile applications which enhance the productivity of IBMers worldwide. We also work closely with our design partners and believe in continuous feedback loops as part of our agile processes. Currently, we are headquartered in our NYC WeWork office and are very passionate about creating a fun, focused, and a flexible workspace.
- Must have the ability to work in the US without current/future need for IBM sponsorship.
- Above all, we value curiosity, teamwork, and a desire to learn. We are confident that if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and skill set that you could succeed in the role, even if you do not meet every one of the requirements.
- Meaningful development experience in modern web frameworks
- Experience building restful APIs and Web services
- Experience building GraphQL microservices
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Comfortable multi-tasking and working as part of a global team, as well as working independently and taking ownership
- Adaptive to ambiguity and willing to change in a fast paced environment
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- VueJS development experience (iOS/Android) a plus
Your Life @ IBM at our NYC WeWork office, you will be a part of a fun, inquisitive team. We are hard working, but also enjoy regular happy hours, special events, snacks and game nights. We encourage our team to keep up with the latest technology through conferences and local Meetups.
About IBM IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we are building industry-based solutions to real-world problems. For more than seven decades, IBM Research has defined the future of information technology with more than 3,000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents.
- Location Statement US Citizenship required.
- IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.