Embedded System Developer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Espoo, Finland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- KONE Technology and Innovation (KTI) is where the magic happens at KONE. It's where we combine the physical world – escalators and elevators – with smart and connected digital systems. We are changing and improving the way billions of people move within buildings every day. We are on a mission to expand and develop new digital solutions that are based on emerging technologies.
- KONE’s vision is to deliver the Best People Flow® experience by providing ease, effectiveness and experiences to our customers and users. In line with our strategy, Winning with Customers, the objective of KONE’s solution and service development is to drive differentiation further by putting the needs of customers and users at the center of all development. By closer collaboration with customers and partners, KONE will increase the speed of bringing new services and solutions to the market.
- Services and Solutions R&D (SRD) unit within KTI is responsible for developing Digital Services products such as KONE 24/7 Connected Services , Residential Flow and Partnership Ecosystem .
- Join our team of experts at the KONE Services & Solutions R&D. You will work together with other professionals to develop advanced KONE digital solutions that leverage the latest in cloud and connectivity technologies.
- You are a software development expert who is passionate about designing and implementing solutions for our physical devices (e.g. embedded controllers and sensors). You are familiar with the software development patterns and can turn the architectural plans to concrete SW designs. You understand and appreciate the modern SW development practices. You work at your best when you are working with people and you enjoy helping others.
- You will work in a key role inside our Agile SW development team. Your closest colleagues will be other developers, test professionals and the PO of the team. You will be part of KONE Technology and Innovation unit’s IoT Tribe.
- Design /adopt sensor hardware by identifying latest /suitable technologies
- Interface sensor hardware with the host system
- Developing embedded code for our devices and sensors
- Unit testing your code, and system testing
- Producing SW designs using the best industry practices
- Documenting the deliverables and attached documentation
- Participating to teams’ Agile practices
- Sharing best practices and ideas for continuous improvement
- To be successful in this role , you have a degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent with 3 to 7 years of relevant working experience. You have excellent C / C++ coding skills and experience from at least some these technologies: googletest, Shell script, Python, Git, Jenkins’ toolchains GNU/ARM, Segger, Raspberry Pi . Excellent understanding of embedded domain (especially Linux based systems) is considered a plus. Experience of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google or IBM Watson) is a benefit.
- We have been on a transformation journey for being Agile and Lean organization for already quite a long time and therefore experience on agile ways of working is very much valued as is ability to work in multi-cultural environment where diversity is appreciated.
- As KONE is a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, this is a key role and a great opportunity to build the future cities through improving how people live, work and play in the cities and to help us continue innovating and making magic happen also in the future.
- You will be working with highly dynamic teams significantly investing time and effort on how we develop services and solutions. You get a chance to work with and participate in further developing products that are used by billions of users in daily basis. Products that are widely recognized by their quality and innovation.
- At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.