Cloud Software Development Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Your Role and Responsibilities
- You are an IBM Cloud Software Development Engineer.
- You are talented, innovative and enthusiastic Software engineering professional who wants to develop and improve software that powers the Cloud and build the next generation cloud & security services to make our customers succeed.
- You are a part of Cloud platform Service Engineering team.
- You are responsible for delivering infrastructure services with top-notch performance, first-rate security, fail-safe reliability and exceptional quality.
- You will be the key individual responsible for development of new cloud services on the IBM Cloud Platform.
- You will get to work with Fortune 100 Enterprise clients and build hyperscale cloud services for the largest companies in the world.
- We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
- 2 to 3 years of programming experience in C/C++/Java/Python (Python preferred)
- Programming experience in object-oriented design principles, algorithms and patterns.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Exposure/knowledge of working on microservice architectures
- Exposure to working on AWS/Azure/GCP or any other cloud environments
- Exposure to working on Kubernetes/Docker for application design and deployment
- Exposure to Virtualization
- Bachelor’s Degree (BE/MS/Mtech/MCA) in Computer Science
- About Business UnitIBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
- IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
- Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
- Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
- Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
- Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.