Business Transformation Consultant: IoT & PLM
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
At IBM, we know that transformation drives change, and it is in our DNA to continuously transform. Our Business Transformation Consultants help drive large scale change that spans IBM business units and geographies. As a part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of driving IBM’s ongoing transformation as a company that continuously innovates and leads the market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Python or Node.js Developer, you will be primarily responsible for the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will be part of the development team working on IoT applications.
- Web Application development using Web Services and REST API
- Demonstrate expertise in IoT Protocols such as MQTT, CoAP
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Min 5+ years of experience in Application development using Node.JS or Python
- Expertise in in IoT protocols - MQTT, AMQP, CoAP
- Proficient in low power wide area network experience (NB-IoT, LoRaWAN)
- Experience in API and webservices
- Solid understanding of working with XML and JSON
- Experience in integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity in networking setups experience (DNS, DHCP, Firewall, Gateways, Routers)
- Hands-on experience in SSL, CA certificates, role-based authentication
- Understanding of edge or fog computing experience and OT protocols (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP, IEC 104)
- Knowledge of operational management system (BMS, MES, WMS) experience and Unix, Java or Python programming experience
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
- Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
- Location Statement For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
- Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status