Location : Denver, CO, USA
Headquarters : Oakville, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
- Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
- Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Hardware Developer who will be responsible for designing and verifying the hardware boards of Geotab solar powered asset tracking devices and/or auxiliary devices. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
- As a Hardware Developer your key area of responsibility will be to develop hardware specifications, design schematics and PCBs, bring up prototypes, verify and certify the Solar Powered Asset Tracking devices and/or auxiliary devices. You will need to work closely with Solutions Engineering, Embedded Development, and Engineering Support to ensure all stakeholders expectations are being met.
- To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong analytical and project management skills with an ability to identify needs, develop effective solutions, and manage projects through completion. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
- Develop hardware specifications, design schematics and PCBs, bring up prototypes, verify and certify the Telematics devices and/or auxiliary devices.
- Develop testing boards for production testing.
- Prepare the documents for production testing requirements for released hardware boards.
- Maintain the Altium library and provide support for hardware design
- Assist in managing outside contract manufacturers locally and in China
- Assist with the prototyping and testing of new hardware designs
- Troubleshoot hardware issues on the existing platforms with limited guidance
- Ensure all work is documented the git version management system with valid and descriptive comments
- Keep all necessary documentation up to date
- Prepare any hardware, software or test equipment that is required in order to perform any of the above duties
- May be required to perform selection, testing, certification and design using modules for wireless communication including LTE CAT-1, LTE CAT-M1, CAT-4 etc
- May be involved in selection, designing and verifying GPS/GNSS module/chipset for Telematics devices
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Electrical, or related Engineering discipline
- 3 - 5 experience levels in hardware design or similar role
- Experience with PCB EDA/CAD tools. Ability to read the schematic and PCB layout. Hands on experience with Altium Designer would be a plus.
- Digital and analog circuitry design experience, including circuitry design, layout and verification.
- Experienced with high speed digital design (e.g. DDR2/DDR3/LPDDR2/LPDDR3).
- Experienced with micro-controller AND/OR processor, ARM and/or PIC would be a plus
- Solid understanding of hardware peripherals, such as CAN, UART, SPI, I2C, SDIO, USB.
- Solid knowledge of High speed digital design, depending on experience level
- Experience with multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, temperature chamber an asset
- At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
- Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.