Staff DevOps Engineer
Location : Palo Alto, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
- As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Factory Data is the central team within Manufacturing Engineering that delivers advanced analytics, strategic inference, and online algorithms critical to Rivian’s mission. To enable that work we build and are use Rivian’s Factory Data Cloud - the cohesive platform that enables the tight data and model integrations our factories need to enable Rivian to scale with unprecedented quality, speed, and operational performance. Our customers are Manufacturing Engineering and a broad cross-section of Rivian’s organizations including Production, Quality, Product Design, Reliability, and of course ourselves.
- Create the platform that data scientists and algorithms developers will use to create deep integrations with our manufacturing systems and drive hypergrowth of our EV production capacity
- Design and manage the complexity of collecting a variety of data from the hundreds of distinct manufacturing systems across our 3 million square foot factory
- Enable data scientists and algorithms developers end-to-end ownership to create, deploy, and support new data integrations, feature engineering, modeling and model serving
- Evangelize and establish DevOps, DataOps, and MLOps culture, tools, and processes
- Solve exciting challenges creating processing systems that unify both batch and streaming paradigms in a hybrid on-premise and cloud environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A bias toward pragmatic solutions that can be improved over time
- Fluency in Python or Kotlin
- Experience working with modern analytics and data science tools and workflows
- Experience with Stitch Data (or a comparable ELT solution), DBT, Snowflake, Apache Beam, Kubernetes, and Kubeflow are a big plus
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Ansible or Terraform are a big plus
- Experience developing and deploying for cloud environments
- Experience with AWS or hybrid on-premise/cloud deployments is a big plus
- Experience working as or with data scientists and algorithms developers to help them design and scale-up tools for feature engineering, feature store, data testing and model quality scoring are a big plus
- Experience deploying data pipelines that span traditional analytics, operational analytics (to support real-time decision making) and online production model scoring is a plus
- Experience working in manufacturing, IoT, or edge compute environments a plus
- Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.
- We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.