Intern - SAP Fiori Tools, Software Engineering
Location : Palo Alto, CA
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Entry Level
- SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
- SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
- SAP UX Engineering is a global team that builds tools to allow SAP along with its customers and partners to build SAP Fiori apps more easily. Our most recent innovation is SAP Fiori tools. SAP Fiori tools is a set of extensions for SAP Business Application Studio and Visual Studio Code designed to simplify the development of SAP applications, ensuring that users can create applications both efficiently and consistently.
- As a member of the SAP Fiori tools team in Palo Alto, you will work in a dynamic environment with colleagues around the world, helping to develop extensions for Visual Studio Code. If you have software development skills and want to contribute to developing platforms and applications that are used internally across SAP and externally worldwide, this may be the role for you.
- Work as a part of our cross-functional SCRUM team to develop very high-quality software
- Design, develop, and test usable software in close collaboration with the product owner, architect, and scrum team
- Coordinate testing, integration, and documentation of the solution
- Set up and maintain the auto test framework in an agile and continuous delivery environment
- Acquire development skills in new areas and technologies in alignment with team priorities
- Handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of applications and proof of concept prototypes
- Be comfortable working collaboratively in a virtual environment
- Provide estimates for assigned work
- Monitor and maintain customer support queues; Be able to confidently perform troubleshooting in the production environment, including communicating with affected users as required
- Working experience with data structures, algorithms, and principles of OO design
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Working experience with test automation and continuous development models (Jenkins, Puppeteer, Sonar, JIRA and Git) is an asset
- Excellent communications skills to coordinate with development colleagues in different regions
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate, Master's, or PhD degree program which is applicable to the position (computer science or equivalent proven experience). Recent graduates within the last 6 months will also be considered.
- Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
- A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
- To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
- SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.