F-22 Entry Level Software Engineer
Location : St. Louis, MO
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Entry Level
The Boeing Company is seeking an Entry Level software developer to join the F-22 Mission Systems team. The position is located in St. Louis, Missouri with occasional travel to partner and supplier sites around the United States.
This organization designs, develops, and demonstrates avionics solutions for the F-22 Raptor, the premier 5th gen air superiority fighter flown only by the United States Air Force (USAF). Your efforts will assist integration of cutting edge technologies to maintain the Raptor’s dominance over the battlefield for many decades to come.
Position Responsibilities: There are currently opportunities across Mission Systems which include but are not limited to:
- Supporting software development on cross-functional teams which are tasked with integrating/implementing solutions onto the F-22 platform
- Developing high fidelity simulation and environment software and tool sets to enable rapid development, test, and deployment of high quality software solutions for the war-fighter, and many others
Additionally, under the Raptor Agile Capability Release (RACR) contract, the F-22 is transforming its contracting and development approach to leverage software development tools, processes, and best practices used by West Coast/Silicon Valley software firms like Amazon, Apple, Google, and Facebook. Some of these include Amazon Web Services, Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, and much more. This transformation creates growth and leadership opportunities. Interested applicants should search the internet for “Raptor Agile Capability Release” to learn more about this transformation.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start and final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Due to time duration associated to obtaining a clearance, the team is primarily pursuing May 2021 (or later) college graduates or applicants with an active secret (or higher) security clearance.
Please have your current GPA listed on your resume
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Classroom or work related programming experience with any of the following software development languages: Ada, C, C++, C#, JAVA, and Python
- Experience working in a project where various software development methodologies are being utilizing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET is the preferred, accreditation standard
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- Experience developing embedded real-time software
- Experience developing models and simulation
- Experience working with Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with Agile software development
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics (e.g. Bachelor) with strong software skills. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.