2021 Software Engineer Intern
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Georgia, United States
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Cox Automotive offers internships across 10+ locations within the U.S. for current college students. Throughout the summer, students will have the opportunity to complete challenging business-critical projects alongside some of the most talented individuals in the automotive technology industry. The program will allow students to enhance their leadership skills through the delivery of professional development educational components as well as exposure to existing Cox leaders.
- This is an summer internship opportunity with Kelley Blue Book®, a Cox Automotive brand, based in Irvine, CA. ** Though this position is remote/work from home, you will need to reside (in, near, within) the greater Orange, Inland Empire, San Diego and Los Angels Counties
- The selected Software Engineer Intern will be responsible for the development and management of enterprise platforms, deployment pipelines, security and quality monitoring to increase the pace of change, while protecting service and increasing business value. The selected candidate’s focus areas will include developing scripts and tools to automate tasks, provision and maintain new and existing infrastructure platforms on public and private clouds.
- Develop automation for infrastructure provisioning and procedures, configuration management and ongoing support processes to be used across all environments.
- Document new development, procedures or test plans as needed.
- Help develop and follow best practices, security and engineering standards.
- Builds tools and pipelines needed to facilitate continuous integration and delivery of software to all environments.
- Automates code packaging, code deployment, and configuration management processes to be used across all environments.
- Solicits feedback from delivery and operations teams about continuous integration and delivery challenges and works with them to identify opportunities to optimize software engineering throughput and quality.
- Tracks system and service performance continuously in all environments and escalates to the appropriate team.
- Qualified candidates will be a rising Junior, Senior or Master's candidate working towards a degree in Computer Science or related field – including classes related to software development, systems, networking and security
- A passion for technology, reverse engineering and writing code to create solutions and fix problems
- Excitement for collaboration and ability to clearly articulate thoughts and processes with both verbal and written communication in one-on-one and group settings
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems, containers and databases
- Experience with source code, build, deploy, orchestration and configuration management tools
- Experience in writing code and scripts in at least one high-level programming language
- An eye to identify and a desire to resolve insufficiencies and manual activities via automation
- Familiarity with public cloud architecture and technologies, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and processes, Scrum and Kanban
- An interest in building and continuously improving secure and resilient applications at scale
- An interest in gathering data and measuring the progress on what makes applications tick, stay up and be performant
- There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
- We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
- Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.