Program Manager, IoT Production
Location : London
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in IT Operations/ Service management
- Experience developing vendor strategy and defining vendor operations
- Experience of working within Commercial IoT technologies
- Experience of IT infrastructure support
- Program management experience coordinating global technical programs
- Experience establishing a 24x7 operational team
- Experience helping teams measure and improve operational excellence and accessibility
- Experience defining and implementing production support processes
- A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
- Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
- As part of the Corporate Operations (CorpOps) IoT Service team you will help us drive our mission to offer a platform for building controls systems and IoT devices to operate on Google Infrastructure, which will provide a service through partnership with Real Estate (REWS), Networks (GEN), REWS Works and Security teams.
- As the Program Manager for the CorpOps IoT Production Environment, you will be responsible for driving the production strategy and business requirements then scaling vendor support of the IoT production environment Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus.
- Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Be responsible for defining IoT production (systems and user) support practice
- Define and implement vendor strategy for IoT support, including; establishing and managing SLOs for IoT support and conducting periodic service reviews then sharing service improvement plans
- Drive IoT stakeholders to develop automation and tooling that meet support requirements
- Define and manage production acceptance criteria for handover from the deployment team, acting as a point of escalation to resolve challenges/risks
- Gather requirements from Real Estate and Facilities Management teams to define and prioritise production support objectives
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.