CRDS - Sr IOT Software Web Developer
Location : Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Eaton is revolutionizing power management through smart home and smart building solutions. With foundations in our Brightlayer digital platform, Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions (CRDS) business is continuing to produce game-changing IoT products and software, working hand-in-hand with market-leading players like Amazon, Google, and Alarm.com. As our digital solutions evolve, inclusion of artificial intelligence, using data science to build models to predict behaviors and solve problems, will be a critical component to our success.
Eaton’s Commercial and Residential Distribution Solutions has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer who will be involved in design & development of web and mobile applications including user experience design, API integration, back-end cloud service integration, and interaction with local IOT-enabled devices.
- Responsible for design and development of end-use web applications for commissioning, monitoring, and controlling a suite of wireless, IOT-enabled devices.
- Develop client-side applications and software solutions, work closely with a multi-discipline team to meet customer requirements, and provide continuous improvement based on customer feedback
- Drive product development & technology innovation by understanding product requirements, design & develop Cloud /IOT solution for smart home/ energy management solutions .Work directly with stakeholders and engineering to deliver high quality solutions
- Understand and evaluate business needs and requirements in order to provide innovative, competitive solutions which provide value to the stakeholders
- Support back-end server-side software development, API development, and IOT device hardware/firmware development efforts
- Deploy test-driven development to ensure a high quality product
- Implement industry-leading cyber-security best practices to meet corporate standards and successfully pass cyber-security audits
- Work with internal groups and third-party solution providers to provide seamless integration with internal and third-party systems
- Work with development-operations to ensure scalability and reliability
- Provide technical leadership in proposing and adopting new technology solutions, tools, and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only