Senior Software Engineer
Location : Durham, NC
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Design and deliver robust, scalable, and secure distributed software systems spanning edge and cloud
- Provide leadership including constructive code reviews and design guidance to team members
- Lead a technical team by example and foster growth in team members
- Demonstrable track record of leading the delivery of complex distributed system projects using AWS and/or Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise system architecture patterns including data modeling, database design, performance monitoring, tuning, and unit testing
- Experience with common Java technologies and frameworks
- Experience with web technology stacks
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering preferred and at least 10 years of professional experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Experience leading and growing software development teams preferred
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and CI/CD process
- Outstanding attention to detail
- About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
- Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
- Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.