Associate Software Engineer
Location : Renton, WA
Headquarters : Japan
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Robotics, Barcode Scanning, Medical Devices, Machine Vision, 2D Data Matrix, Controllers
- Engineers Improving the World through Cutting Edge Innovation Since 1933
- Are you looking for a company with a remarkable track record of innovation?
- (As a global leader in Industrial Automation hi-tech, we are a proven market driver having invented Laser Diode Barcode Scanning, the 2D Data Matrix, and World Class Verification Tools.)
- Would you like to work for a company were Social Responsibility is not just a term?
- (Always looking for ways to give back to society - annually we donate our employees to nonprofits, financially support local nonprofits, institute energy saving programs, and gift each employee two days per year to volunteer)
- Are you looking for alternatives to employers like Microsoft, Amazon or Boeing?
- (Our culture is a place where you have the empowerment to drive results through collaboration.)
- Would you like to help us produce more than the next great cat video?
- (We design and manufacture technologically-complex electronics (i.e., real products) that are used in Industrial Automation applications by manufacturers across the globe.)
- If so - Please Apply!
- Apply software engineering knowledge and skills in support of new product development and sustaining efforts, while designing products for reliability, compliance and manufacturability.
- Work with large scale C++ framework code base running on various operating systems including Windows and embedded RTOS (vxWorks).
- Use Microsoft Developers Studio, MFC, Win32 API, Microsoft SDK, and web-based technologies to develop solutions that meet the required features, performance, and schedule for products.
- Promote leading edge technological concepts for new product development and product innovations.
- Apply mathematical operations to tasks such as frequency distribution, determinations of test reliability and validity, variance analysis, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Design and develop programming systems with understanding of system performance.
- Perform analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing robust solutions to address.
- Provide feedback to staff about performance considerations or usability issues concerning software specifications and implementation and modifications that enhance productivity.
- Project Management
- Participate in project teams for new product development and participate in reviews of software architecture, designs and code.
- Present project and product reviews to management or customers.
- Work with other disciplines within OMRON Microscan to ensure system integration and success for marketing, sales and manufacturability of the product.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- One year of experience in software engineering involving software frameworks, code abstraction and portable code design across multiple Hardware and OS platforms.
- One year of experience as a team member in an R&D environment, with a preference for electronics manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, exponents, logarithms, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory
- Documented experience working with stake holders to define requirements with an understanding of Software Development Lifecycles
- Valid and current driver's license and the ability to travel 10% of the time
- Preferred Qualifications
- Proven excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) as represent by effective communications with customers and leadership
- Proven understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Demonstrated ability in selecting appropriate components and materials to meet the needs of project requirements and product specifications