Entry-Level Software Engineer I, Remote
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Cork, Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Entry Level
What you will do
Johnson Controls is developing the next generation of smart and connected: Our Building Technologies include tailored, AI-infused service solutions such as remote diagnostics, predictive maintenance, compliance monitoring, advanced risk assessments and more.
As a Software Engineer you will play a key role in digitizing our products to both our environment and user experience This role will be exposed to the state of the art approaches and subject matter including interface design, machine learning, cyber security, IoT devices. You will be involved at the system level, exposed to hardware, and down to applications.
Our Software Development team is highly collaborative, feedback oriented, and entrepreneurial in nature. You will be a part of a team where your voice is heard, ideas are respected, and opinion is valued.
How you will do it
- Participate in cross functional (software, firmware, controls, hardware, applications) teams to facilitate tight and coherent integration of these subsystems.
- Design and implement secure embedded software solutions for equipment controls.
- Participating in the full range of SDLC including specifications, design documents, software functional specifications, prototyping, and implementation.
- Supporting a philosophy of cooperation within the software team.
- Influence approaches and processes for software development with a process improvement mindset.
- Utilize the latest technologies available to develop user interface and advanced featured driving best in class intelligent products
What we look for
- B.S. in Computer Science
- Strong practical hands-on experience with C/C++ application development
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Embedded experience is a plus
- Should be comfortable with development on Linux environment
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Primary LocationUS-PA-New Freedom
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions