Financial Services & Insurance (FSI) Solutions Specialist
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- 10+ years of experience of working with FSI organizations
- 7+ years of experience in customer facing roles leading large scale transformation programs or extensive customer engagements
- Demonstrable understanding of the business challenges that FSI customers face
- Experience working with an international customer base
- A blend of technical experience and business aptitude - experience defining and delivering against customer focused go to market strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent English.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- 80% of businesses worldwide have yet to start their journey to the cloud, and Public Sector organizations are no exception. This is why AWS launched the Industry Solutions Team; to make it easier than ever for our customers to understand and experience the value that AWS can deliver to their organizations. In this new, highly visible role, as the Mission Solutions Specialist for Financial Services & Insurance (FSI) in Canada, you will have the exciting opportunity to help accelerate the adoption of AWS services for our customers by identifying, orchestrating and packaging industry aligned solutions to sell.
- You will work with our FSI market segment and industry associations leveraging a deep understanding of the business objectives, key priorities and needs, challenges, technologies, best practices, corporate structure/operating models, regulatory and compliance requirements of the FSI industry. You will be able to provide insights and examples of how you have worked with the C-Level and Mission leaders to understand and solve their business challenges. Your experience with Open Banking frameworks will enable you to recognize opportunities and align the cloud services necessary to solve those challenges.
- Work for the Leader in Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services, as recognized by Gartner for the 10th consecutive year
- Engage with supporting Public Sector organizations across Canada and help transform FSI landscape in the region
- Invent and simplify on behalf of FSI Executives enabling them to understand and experience the value that AWS can deliver
- Influence the development of the Open Banking framework
- Collaborate with partners and builders to develop and orchestrate solutions that impact FSI overall mission, along with financial and operational performance
- Join the team delivering at the forefront of the strategic transformation of major Public Sector organizations in their journey to the cloud
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engaging with C-level customer executives to inspire, define and execute on their mission solutions and strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a ‘can do’ approach
- Working backwards from customer/industry/market needs and helping customers achieve business outcomes. Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the benefits and transformation value of migrating to AWS.
- Leading the charge on making it more attractive than ever for FSI organizations to move to AWS by adopting targeted industry solutions
- Identify scalable and repeatable customer mission use cases - look around corners and inventing and simplifying on behalf of our customers
- Collaborating with the sales, technical, and other teams to drive the development of go-to-market approaches and opportunities that create consistent outcomes and addresses requests from customers through FSI solutions offerings.
- Acting as the single-threaded owner to coordinate and leverage Sales, Solutions Architects, Engineering, Professional Services and our Specialty Organization to orchestrate and pack solutions for sale
- Guiding our early adopter customers from POC through to launch
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- An understanding of Open Banking frameworks with emphasis on security and compliance
- Experience in a Solutions Architect, consulting, pre-sales or equivalent role
- Experience using Public Cloud services to orchestrate solutions for industry challenges
- Public cloud certifications e.g. AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect Associate etc.
- Experience of innovative service areas such as analytics, AI/ML, IoT
- Fluency in French