Senior Solutions Architect, IoT
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Montreal, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Senior Level
- You will work closely with a friendly, passionate team in Montreal and Toronto
- You will have a key role and the opportunity to grow inside the organization
- You will experience awesome team spirit
The Bell IoT team is a very collaborative and dynamic work environment. We build our new products around collaboration within BCE, team ideas and audacity. And we’re excited to have you join us!
- Work with IoT internal cross-functional teams and stakeholders to market IoT offering and to provide feedback on product & feature definition, feasibility, value, scope, timeline and development.
- Collaborate with team leadership (i.e. Technical Team Leads, Solution Leads, Product Line) to (1) develop, define, and oversee the IoT strategy and roadmap, (2) achieve high quality deliverables and (3) to align around the greatest opportunity and build high business value outcome.
- Create, evolve and maintain the platform feature roadmap and Architecture
- Maintain constant relationship with external team to understand their requirements and align roadmap and architecture
- Responsible for driving new features ideation
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solutions.
- Contribute to the organization setup; Build teams around business capabilities and not technology; (1) Customer Intimacy; (2) Deliver value rather than over engineering; (3) Establish business KPI and regular reporting & review iterations
- Drive alignment across the organization; Manage inter-dependencies and align IoT Roadmaps cross the IoT organization.
- Drive product thinking and customer focused solutions for complex deals involving and multiple service lines as part of RFI, RFP and informal deal processes.
- Solve business and communications problems using research and data to inform and support strategies and demonstrate effectiveness in measurement.
- Ensure products meet the evolving needs of our customers and prospects. Recommend changes to existing approaches, product design, and product mix to maximize our market potential.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ of experience and a proven track record as Lead Architect within developing innovative and large-scale platforms and working with Public Cloud/SaaS.
- Good understanding of new technology waves: IoT, SDN, 5G and MEC.
- Experience in designing and implementing IoT solutions or platforms.
- Experience in Telco: IMS and Connectivity Platforms.
- Experience with public cloud SaaS and IoT services.
- Experience in microservices architecture and development.
- Experience in the business technology market, and expertise working closely with sales and marketing teams in SaaS solutions or related technical fields.
- Understanding of Agile, Lean and Scrum frameworks.
- Experience with product development framework like lean product development or UX.
- Good understanding of SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle), including deployment and maintenance processes.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts.
- Innovation skills including Curiosity, Agility, Strategic Thinking.
- Understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, database, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences.
- IoT, 5G/MEC, Public Clouds courses and certifications is a plus.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 03/29/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
- At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.