Senior Hardware Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Are you a hardware expert passionate about hardware development involving Intel's latest client platform with industry leading technology? If you are looking for an opportunity where out-of-the box thinking is encouraged and recognized, then think no further. Join Intel where you can unleash the innovator in you to deliver leadership products and transform the industry with life changing platforms.
- In our roles you will work across many different projects to develop innovative products for next generation PC features and capabilities. You will be deeply involved in the architecture, design, development, integration or validation of the projects and will have the opportunity to work closely with other Intel groups to productize ingenious solutions that can be leveraged across a broader set of devices including IOT, servers, cloud and automotive.
- We are looking for experienced engineers who are self-motivated, can independently architect, design and develop solutions using the latest technologies, possess excellent hands-on skills working on complex hardware projects, and have Hardware, Power Delivery, or hardware validation expertise. In addition, you must have domain expertise in one or more of the following areas: Highspeed interfaces, power delivery, dc-dc converters, voltage regulator control loops, PCB layout, graphics, display, touch, power and performance, thermal and energy management, imaging/camera, IO devices -USB, Type-C, PCIe, etc.-, sensors, connectivity -BT/modem/WWAN-, storage and memory and over-clocking.
- This is an incredible opportunity for hardware experts ready to help define the future of PCs. Our hiring managers are reviewing resumes daily and reaching out to candidates quickly. Apply now
- It is all up to you, your imagination and Intel
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electronics Engineering, Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering or similar STEM degree
- 8+ years of experience in hardware design
- 5+ years of experience with the following:
- Experience working in hardware development, bring up, debug and validation
- Experience working in complex technical analysis within system integration and validation
- Experience working on high speed interfaces, board design
- Experience on designing power delivery solutions e.g. dc-dc converters, feedback control loops, simulation tools, voltage drop analysis, power integrity
- Experience using high end scopes, logic analyzer and appropriate tools required for board debug
- Technical leadership, decision-making skills with ability to influence large technical team
- Designs innovative solutions to complex problems
- Technical concepts, architecture, systems, development methods, and disciplines associated with the defined projects, applies the knowledge to deliverables, and leverages it to accelerate project completion
- Experience with tools for hardware version control and bug tracking
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work independently as well as in Agile teams
- Should be able to co-ordinate with various cross-functional teams like silicon validation teams, firmware development teams, manufacturing teams across geos.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Should be able to mentor juniors and temporary workers in the team.
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following:
- Python programming and automation scripting
- Knowledge of WWAN, GNSS and WiFi is a plus
- Knowledge of Computer architecture, ideally x86 platforms but not mandatory
- Knowledge of Embedded systems and microcontrollers
- Windows operating system and BIOS fundamentals is an added advantage
- Agile/Scrum expertise
- Exposure to EMI/EMC validation and electrical pre-cert compliance.
- The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel's PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
- Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.