Software Engineer (Scripting / Java AND Diameter OR "SS7" - L3)
Location : Delhi, Delhi
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on Snapchat or send your images on Instagram, you get great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
- Responsible for design, development, modification, debug and/or maintenance of software systems
- You will design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functionaland technical design specifications.
- You will follow Amdocs software engineering standards, applicable software development methodology andrelease processes, to ensure code is maintainable, scalable, and supportable, and demo the software products tostakeholders.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, provide fixes and workarounds, and review changesfor operability to maintain existing software solutions.
- You will work within a team, collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providecomments and suggestions, and work with cross functional teams to achieve goals.
- You will assume technical accountability for your specific work products within an application and providetechnical support during solution design for new requirements.
- You will work for development on Amdocs network products and telco standards (LTE, 3G, SS7, Diameter),
- You will work closely with off-shore and on-shore Amdocs teams while troubleshooting and investigating issues
- You will develop and integrate Amdocs solutions into the customer telecom network, working directly with customers and 3 rd party vendors
- You will work closely with L2 team for fixing production issues.
- Excellent skills on Java (3-6 years) for developing diameter or SS7 protocols
- Knowledge of telecom domain (GSM, LTE, 4G, 5G ), network architecture (including SGW, PGW, GGSN, MME, PCRF, OCS) and hands-on experience on diameter or SS7 protocols.
- Good understanding of SS7, network interface like Gx, Gy, Sy, and UNIX and/or Linux operating systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- Nice to have / Preferred experience
- JVM performance tuning and optimization to support telco grade application
- Experience on Intelligent Routing Controller, Load balancer
- OpenStack, Kubernetes, Docker, VMWare knowledge
- Customer facing experience
- SLEE technology knowledge
- Python automation
- Knowledge of main principles of 5G, IoT is a plus
- Application Server maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- You will be part of the talented team, working on challenging projects
- You will have the opportunity to learn the industry most recent trends
- You will be challenged to develop non-standard solutions for continuously evolving environments and standards
- You will have the opportunity for personal growth
- You will have the opportunity to work with the industry most advanced technologies
- Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce