Software Engineer II (50839794)
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation and support of Data applications.
- Develop, construct, test, automate and maintain Data Pipeline for enterprise and non-enterprise platforms
- Experience in solving the business problem with the right Data architecture
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Use large data sets to address business issues
- Prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling ETL
- Leverage data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Develops, codes, configures, and tests programs and systems.
- Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
- Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
- Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.
- Executes necessary documentation as needed.
- Leads engineering practices alongside engineering manager.
- Act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel
- Develop new software functionality for product development
- Knowledge of Spark technology
- Familiarity with spark programming paradigms (batch and stream-processing)
- Sounds like ideal profile would have all top skills and a background in IoT, telematics, timeseries data
- Analytic environments, consuming from data Lakes
- Strong programming skills in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python ,Scala.
- Outstanding programming and debugging skills. Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Should be experienced in Web frameworks
- Should have analytical background to find hidden patterns using data
- Familiarity with one or more stream processing / queuing technologies like Spark
- Streaming, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, etc. preferred , Data ingestion .
- Familiarity and prior experience with Agile / Scrum development methodologies.
- Prior Experience deploying to cloud platforms, preferably AWS Cloud , services like AWS Glue,EMR
- Prior experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools and pipelines such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to work with huge volumes of data to derive Business Intelligence
- Desired Experience :Strong understanding of Agile and XP practices
- Demonstrated learning agility and strong desire to innovate
- Demonstrated passion for technical learning and identifying areas for innovation
- Ability to analyze, translate, and define business requirements into technical solutions.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication forms with emphasis on persuasive communication, tact and negotiation.
- Ability to apply engineering principles and concepts for designs.
- Ability to manage many competing priorities/requests in a fast-paced environment
- At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
- The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.