IS Operations Support Specialist
Location : Fort Smith, Arkansas, USA
Headquarters : Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
- At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
- ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
- The role reports to the Large Systems Manager and located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. As an IS Operations Support Specialist, you will be the primary point of contact for supporting a multitude of clients, which include NEMA Motors District Offices, Engineering Labs, NEMA Plants and other areas as required. The position is responsible for improving the customer experience when requesting IS support. Coordination with local, country and global IS will help with problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation. This position will work closely with business functions, Network/Server Teams, Service Delivery and Assurance (SD&A), and ABB On-Site Support (Wipro) Team.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems.
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases in a timely manner.
- Act as a liaison between customers and other internal support staff, when an issue has been escalated to assure accurate problem interpretation.
- Maintain communications with users during the problem resolution process.
- Utilize superior customer service skills.
- Assist as needed in other areas of our Infrastructure team.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution of problems in our change management database
- High school diploma and minimum 7 years of experience working in related field OR
- Associates degree in computer science or related field and minimum 5 years of experience working in related field OR
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and minimum 3 years of experience working in related field.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Exceptional Customer Support Skills.
- Strong and conceptual understanding of servers, networks, printer architectures and applications landscapes in prior work history an advantage.
- Quick learner, detail oriented, results oriented and ability to use good business judgment.
- Good understanding of local and wide area networks, internet principles and protocols in prior work history an advantage.
- Able to work a flexible schedule when required.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service attitude and team player.
- Prior customer service experiences.
- Good self-learning ability, initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
- Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
- ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
- http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
- Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.