Associate Engineer, Software
Location : Atlanta, GA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
- Experience using 3 or more development languages or tools (e.g., Angular, TypeScript, Node.js, NgRx, RxJs, GitLab) is preferred.
- 0-2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business’ mission
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers’ needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Writes unit tests when implementing user stories.
- Develops code.
- Tests deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
- Ensures Continuous Integration and Build is in place.
- Partners with other functions within IT.
- Maintains technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- Utilizes development skills to build (code) and unit test new systems functionality per technical specifications, with deliverables to include code builds and documented unit test results.
- Develops or updates support documentation as needed by the DevOps function and participate in Peer Review to allow acceptance of systems changes into production.
- Builds end unit test production deployment packages with an eye towards automated regression and unit test scripts, and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Participates in code reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Utilizes product lifecycle methodology as a guide for development activities.
- Provides on call and after hours support as required for production releases and to respond and provide active resolution support on production outages.
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.