Software Engineer (Front End)
Location : Boise, ID
Headquarters : Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Kount, an Equifax Company, delivers digital fraud prevention and account protection for more than 9,000 leading brands and payment providers. Linked by Kount’s award-winning AI, the Identity Trust Global Network analyzes signals from 32 billion annual interactions to personalize experiences across the spectrum of trust — from ensuring frictionless experiences to blocking fraud. Quick and accurate identity trust decisions deliver safe payment, account creation, and login events while reducing digital fraud, chargebacks, false positives, and manual reviews.
- Kount has an opening for a Front-End Software Engineer in our Boise, Idaho office.
- Job Summary: As a Front-End Software Engineer at Kount, you will solve challenging technology problems and build architecturally sound, high-quality software. You will achieve success through communicating, collaborating, and developing creative and performant solutions to help Kount protect the digital innovation of our customers. You should be a creative, driven, motivated engineer that can think outside the box, has ability to learn quickly, and can deliver high-quality working solutions that are both maintainable and scalable.
- Demonstrate effective, respectful, and honest communication when collaborating with colleagues including cross-functional team consisting of QA, Operations, and other team members.
- Apply development and testing best practices and demonstrate excellent software craftsmanship to produce maintainable, scalable, and quality solutions.
- Contribute to all phases of product development and delivery from Analysis & Design all the way through to successful Deployment.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise and ownership for your team’s services.
- Deliver on company initiatives and projects prioritized for your team and support long term technical vision.
- Collaborate with the product team, architects, and others to document features and changes.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Show determination and discipline in identifying and driving forward improvements and innovations that add value to Kount and move the IT organization forward.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Maturity and expertise in software engineering concepts (i.e. architecture, data structures, algorithms, etc.) and maintain a focus on quality.
- Strong experience with a UI Framework (Angular preferred).
- Good understanding of the npm/yarn system; can use it effectively and reliably make changes when needed.
- Understanding of UI/UX principles/concepts. Can collaborate effectively with designers and competently implement UI/UX specs.
- General understanding of how to build documented, tested, and robust components.
- Good understanding of code componentization and encapsulation to reduce complexity and duplication.
- Knowledge and experience in Linux and UNIX tools/utilities.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems.
- Ability to evaluate a problem and design a solution or system that conforms to the limitations around it.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience with distributed systems, relational databases, and NoSQL systems a plus.
- Experience with OWASP, PCI Data Security, and Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Kount offers excellent compensation and benefits packages in a cool work environment with a relaxed dress code.
- If you are great at what you do and love doing it, keep up on latest technologies, have self-discipline for doing things right, understand standards and best practices and why they are important, send your resume to email@example.com.
- Kount is an Equal Opportunity Employer