Senior Developer / Associate Architect - Java, HANA database design
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Requisition ID: 273799
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Intelligent Asset Management solutions enable digital transformation of asset management using asset data, machine learning and real-time data from IoT-enabled smart assets to bring intelligence to the maintenance of equipment and plants for our customers.
We are looking for a technically strong, passionate and motivated Java developer to join our team. As a Senior developer, you will
- Design, Develop, build and deploy applications to support SAP’s Multi-cloud strategy
- Design Multitenant, Scalable, Fault-tolerant and Secure SaaS based applications
- Demonstrate Programming expertise in Java and related technologies on SAP Cloud Platform
- Demonstrate expertise designing microservices
- Demonstrate strong quality-focussed, result-oriented mindset and development experience with proven practices like Test driven development
- Evaluate architecture risks and estimate efforts for business requirements and support decision making on these topics.
- Own and drive techincal PoCs to evaluate and validate concepts and feasibility
- Drive best practices, improvements and innovations through methodologies, architecture and technology
- Contribute to the team spirit by supporting an environment of continuous learning, exchanging of ideas & thoughts and embracing a culture of innovation
- Work in scrum mode, upholding agile principles
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical ability to identify and prioritize technical development initiatives based on business requirements and assessment of implementation effort
- Help mentor and guide a team of fellow professionals towards development excellence through design and code reviews
- View deliverables, giving due importance to product standards like usability, performance, security etc
- BE/B.Tech/MCA degree from a Premium Institute
- 8-12 years of work experience developing Java based cloud applications
- Strong programming skills in Java, Java EE, HANA database design, SQL
- Ability to prepare technical design and architecture
- Good Knowledge of Spring framework
- Solid Experience building cloud-native Java based microservices on SAP Cloud Platform
- Experience working with GIT, Fortify, SONAR
- Experience of working in Scrum teams
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in design patterns
- Experience delivering in Continuous integration/Continuous delivery model
- Experience building on SAP Cloud Platforrm
- Experience in HANA will be a plus
- Experience in Asset Management domain will be a plus
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.