Location : Pittsburgh, PA
Headquarters : Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. Smith Micro's flagship products include SafePath - a connected life platform bringing together people and the connected things that are part of their daily digital lifestyle inside and outside the home; CommSuite - a voice services platform adding intelligence and other services to voice messaging; and ViewSpot - a digital retail platform bringing in-store devices to life with engaging experiences. The exciting addition of SkyRing to the Smith Micro product portfolio opens up even more opportunities for Smith Micro to enjoy and expand our position as the preeminent provider of mobile family safety solutions to wireless carriers. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, let’s talk!
- As a Smith Micro QA Engineer, you will be constantly pushing for the greatest level of quality. You will work closely with other QA engineers and developers in an environment where communication and cross team collaboration is the key to success.
- Work in development team with diverse technical backgrounds - we have .NET (core), Java (Kotlin) and Scala developers in our team
- Participate in designing, developing and running automated tests
- Evaluate and optimize our systems to smoothly serve thousands of requests per second
- Helping and supporting the team (e.g. code reviews, analysis, planning, design, automation, internal improvements, etc.)
- Be a part of a team effort - You are not alone, somebody will always offer a helping hand
- Confidence in programming Java tests and backend services
- Fair knowledge of some SQL database (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or other)
- Experience with testing distributed backend systems
- Communicative English
- Analytical thinking skills
- Willingness to continuously learn new technologies and approaches
- Team spirit
- Sense of responsibility
- Basic Unix/Shell orientation
- Experience with TestNG, Spring framework and Lombok
- Knowledge of programming in Python, Scala, Kotlin or Typescript
- Cassandra database
- Approaches for monitoring and diagnostics of distributed systems and continuous integration principles
- RabbitMQ message broker
- Swagger/OpenAPI, Postman,
- Git (Github), TeamCity, Jira, Confluence, Logstash, Kibana, Grafana, Octopus Deploy
- Docker, Kubernetes
- We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
- We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes premium medical coverage, well-being programs, an employee stock purchase program (ESPP), a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
- Smith Micro is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Smith Micro is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources department, HR@smithmicro.com or call 412-837-5300.