Corporate Operations Engineer, IoT
Location : Sunnyvale, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of relevant technical experience in system administration or IT operations.
- Experience with managing and deploying various operating systems such as Windows, Linux, OS X, ChromeOS, and Android.
- Experience with complex IT infrastructure and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with creating scripts to automate common tasks
- Experience in working within Commercial IoT technologies
- Experience of deployment of servers, workstations, wireless devices, access control, software and patches
- Deep understanding in three of the following skill-sets required within IT Operations: Windows, Unix, Networking, Scripting and Automation, Application troubleshooting
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking, communication and leadership skills
- Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As the Corporate Operations Engineer within the IT Support Technician team, your mission is to enable the people and technology that keep Google running. Your team provides the front line user support for all of our internal tools and technologies. Beyond the day-to-day, the team will contribute to longer-term technical projects, process improvement and the documentation efforts that help make the Google magic happen.
- As part of the Corporate Operations (CorpOps) IoT Service team you will help us drive our mission to offer a platform for building controls systems and IoT devices to operate on Google Infrastructure. Our team is responsible for ensuring smooth implementation and running of building controls and IoT systems on Google Infrastructure for both new construction projects and lifecycle management of the existing fleet.
- Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Design, build, and test IT technical solutions in relation to the building controls and IoT domain (e.g., lighting, security, HVAC).
- Partner with our deployment team to implement IT solutions across both new builds and retrofits, whilst developing relationships with our technology partners across Google.
- Create, maintain and publish IT policies, standards, and procedures related to IoT deployment on Google infrastructure.
- Develop knowledge around IoT hardware manufacturers and how they integrate with Google infrastructure.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.