Location : East Palo Alto, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related discipline.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity.
- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture.
- Obsessed with Web Performance Optimization
- Expert in Front-end web technologies and trends
- Expert with browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
- Experienced in multi-tier large scale web architecture
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to go the extra mile to do things right and fast.
- Interested in Machine Learning? Eager to bring fun and engaging experiences to developers and ML enthusiasts?
- The team that brought you AWS DeepLens and AWS DeepRacer is looking for a Front-End Engineer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. We work at the intersection of Machine Learning, Cloud, and IoT to bring the power and excitement of ML technology to our customers.
- As a Front-End Engineer, you will work on architecting and implementing high performant console applications for our customers to interact with our services and devices. You'll work alongside a talented team of engineers in fast-paced, challenging, and rapidly scaling environment.
- Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
- Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
- Develop/maintain operational rigor for the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service.
- Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
- Help with hiring
- Inclusive Team Culture
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience building complex UI systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Practical experience writing highly interactive applications for the web (AJAX or JS) or other platforms (QT, SWT, Swing, GTK, Windows) and direct experience with several of the following: Java, AJAX, Java Script, SQL
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.