Dimension Cloud Developer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Palo Alto, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Are you passionate about developing cloud service on AWS? Do you want to be a part of the exploding Edge and IoT market? Want to get in a ground level to develop VMware’s edge computing solution. Our team is looking for a talented, passionate engineer to join the team.
- With the advent of IOT, edge computing is emerging as new frontier to blend the physical and virtual world, and enable new ways of solving problems, and deliver new experiences not available before. As industry shifts from centralized intelligence to distributed edge intelligence, edge computing presents great opportunities for growth and innovation. As the leader of private, public and hybrid cloud, VMware is extending its offering to the edges, and bringing benefits of cloud to the edge. In addition to managing edge environments, we are extending to managing on-prem customer data-centers.
- As a member of our team, you will play a key role in understanding customer use cases and defining the end–to-end behavior of the solution. This solution will involve developing a highly scalable SaaS service, an easy to use on-prem hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) with industry-leading software defined networking solution, NSX and also include our SD-WAN solution, Velocloud.
- For more information, see this blog - https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2019/04/announcing-vmware-cloud-on-dell-emc.html
4+ years of hands-on experience with Java based development projects
Solid background in OOP, object and data modeling using SQL and NoSQL databases
Strong algorithmic and problem-solving skills
Experience in working with world-class software development teams and projects through multiple releases.
Understanding of one or more of the key areas of the solution like Distributed Computing, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Cloud, SaaS, Microservices, or DevOps
Proficiency in modern software architecture using CI/CD, Micro Services, Infrastructure-as-Code and other DevOps techniques.
Development experience using RESTful APIs, SpringBoot, horizontal scalability, micro services, high availability principles.
Experience in automating, orchestrating and running large scale IaaS systems are a plus.
Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker with experience in developing services on AWS
Experience with automation tools like Jenkins, GitLab CI
Proficiency and experience with VMware Products, like VMware Cloud on AWS, vSphere, vSAN, NSX
Knowledge and experience in implementing software defined networking and cloud networking like VPCs, VPN, IP-Sec Tunnels, and implementing networking in virtualized environments
Knowledge of L2/L3 Networking protocols, Routing Protocol integration(OSPF, BGP, Multicast), MPLS, Security concepts(IKE, IPSeC, PKI), WAN optimization techniques and QoS fundamentals.
Experience in configuration or management of network switches
Proficiency and experience with VMware Products like NSX, Velocloud is a huge plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-11
- VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe.
- At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
- VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.