Software Development Engineer
Location : Sunnyvale, CA (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Our mission is to improve how job candidates communicate with Amazon recruiters. We are enabling multiple communication channels and two-way communication.
Our central identity service offers authentication services to multiple web applications in the Recruiting space and ensures secure access to personal and highly confidential candidate information. Our team has a strong focus on Security. With your contribution we will continue to innovate on behalf of our customers and deliver a great, but secure user experience.
A day in the life
The primary focus for an engineer on this team is to expand the amazon.jobs platform. The team owns a native AWS service for candidate communication and an identity service, a web application for authenticating candidates and managing their user accounts. The team's responsibility is to develop new features, test the changes, deploy them to production, operate and monitor the services. We are a full stack team working on a React frontend and backend services containing business logic, process logic and the persistence model. We use AWS cloud services such as API Gateway, Pinpoint/SES, Cognito, Lambda, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Step Functions, and CloudWatch.
About the hiring group
The Recruiting Engine team is creating an industry leading candidate experience; developing, building, and innovating, global, scalable technology recruiting solutions that are both powerful and light-weight. Join a location flexible virtual engineering team (must be based out of one of our USA Corporate Offices). This team and technologies are a critical component in Amazon’s continued growth and launching of new products and services.
Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company – and to fulfill that mission, Amazon needs to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders. Amazon's Recruiting Engine team supports this mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable candidates to find their next amazing career opportunity at Amazon. We are bringing Amazon's trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession) to recruiting at Amazon.
You have strong computer science credentials, are passionate about Internet technology, are customer-obsessed and have a track record of building quality services. You know how to build and you dive deep into back-end services and front end web technology. You intrinsically use technology to solve problems. You understand the untapped power of utilizing internet technologies and social networking to find the best and the brightest candidates to build Amazon’s goal to be the most customer-centric company in the world. You live and breathe data analysis and can succinctly and accurately report your findings. Most importantly, you have a passion for learning and continuous improvement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Work with multiple teams across different geographies and cultures
- Strong written communication and technical writing skills
- Travel to other locations in the U.S. may be required
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users and collaborating with other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs