Principal Software Engineer
Location : USA-California- San Jose
Headquarters : Campbell, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
1. If you are a first time user, please create your candidate login account before you apply for a job. (Click Sign In > Create Account)
2. If you already have a Candidate Account, please Sign-In before you apply.
Join this team focused on RF Front End Modules (FEM) for the LTE and 5G cellular markets. You will be part of the world-wide quality team to support development and qualification on new process and technology development towards final products. You will be also leading failure analysis from both internal and external customer requests utilizing in-house and external analytical services.
• Lead failure analysis for final RFFE products for internal or external customer return.
• Perform FA characterizations for circuits (SOI, CMOS, PA, LNA) and components (PCB, SMT).
• Perform FA characterizations for SiP packaging technologies.
• Co-ordinate scheduling FA jobs with external Analytical services
• Prepare detailed FA reports and updates for all of the above.
• Manage maintenance and use of in-house analytical equipment.
• Keep current with new FA techniques, tools and provide input to add analytical capability to existing facilities.
• M.S. degree in electrical engineering or material science and 3+ years experience or PhD degree in electrical engineering or
material science and 1+ years experience.
• Experience in failure analysis and material analysis labs, extensive experience in electronics packaging.
• Solid technical understanding of full range of semiconductor packaging materials, material interactions, processes, dominant
failure mechanisms and analytical techniques
• Demonstrated proficiency in some most common analytical/metrology tools;
o Optical microscopes, Compound microscopes and metallography
o White light interferometry for surface/bump topography
o Sample preparation and Cross-sectioning / polishing, ion-milling.
o Ability to use X-ray, Ultrasound scan (C-SAM/T-scan) systems and interpret data
o Digital camera use and image processing
o Use of tester for die shear, wire pull, ball/bump shear, etc
o Experience with SEM/EDS and FIB tools
o Surface analysis tools: interferometry, IR imaging, PEM
o Mold compound decap tools, Module decap, backlap
o PCB and die metrology
• Die level probing and fault isolation.
• Ability to use statistical tools such as JMP is preferred but not required
• FA Experience on RFFE module products is a plus.
• Knowledge of quality/reliability test methods, and debugging test fails, a plus
• Ability to use Microsoft office (especially powerpoint and excel) to present data
• Good written and verbal (English) communication skills
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.