Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Location : San Jose, CA
Headquarters : San Jose, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- You will design and develop features for the next-generation Big Data Platform that powers enterprise security products.
- You will architect, Design, and Build mission-critical Data Infrastructure services.
- You will build API services that power our products.
- You will build data capture and collection services using the latest technologies.
- You will build automation software and an abstraction layer driven by APIs for the Data Platform.
- You will evaluate/implement new open-source and native cloud technologies, as needed.
- You will participate in the on-call rotation supporting the big data platform.
- You have a BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related technical field we look for solid software engineering background and a proven track record of delivering high-quality products at scale
- 12+ years of related experience required
- You must currently be in a hands-on role. Must have solid coding skills(Java, Scala, Python, etc) and be able to design and architect large, complex systems
- Solid understanding of high-performance data capture and collection systems, design of APIs around these systems. Design for reliable delivery of data.
- You understand Containers, Kubernetes, Service Mesh, and related technologies.
- You have built API services that scale to millions of requests per second and are an expert at scaling such systems.
- You have already contributed to and/or willing to contribute to open source projects
- You have exposure to public cloud technologies and cloud-native architectures.
- You must be an influencer within the organization. Participant in open source communities, meetups, etc.
- Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
- If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.