Embedded SDE II
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years experience as an embedded software engineer.
- 2+ years of development experience on RTOS, or similar embedded platforms.
- Experience in embedded C/C++ programming, familiar with test equipment and methods.
If you are deeply technical, keen to work on state-of-the-art techniques, and long for the opportunity to build highly innovative solutions to challenging problems that directly affect millions of people, then the ML team is for you! You will learn about ML techniques, big data, cloud computing and how to develop highly available distributed systems at Internet scale. You will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that impact the business. You will work with Principal Engineers at Amazon to evolve the design and architecture of the products owned by this team. You will be responsible to set up and hold a high software quality bar besides providing technical direction to a highly technical team of Software Engineers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will work on hardware and software. We are looking at a person who can lead the implementation for a high impact initiative requiring deployment of an integrated hardware and software system, and Machine Learning models on edge devices. The role involves pushing the boundaries in designing of hardware and software to build a system sensitive to latency and quality, including Machine Learning involving image processing, and later look at how to scale it across multiple sites. You will get to work with a bright team of scientists and SDEs working on this project, cutting edge devices and IOT technology.
- Work closely with senior engineers and scientists to design, implement and deploy systems in physical stores that high impact the Amazon business
- Own the delivery of an integral component of a system or application, including hardware designing and assessing it against the business requirement
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Solid coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals.
- Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining hardware systems.
- Hands-on experience with modern digital camera technologies, image sensors.
- Experience in designing fault tolerant IOT systems capable of working in locations with flaky networks.
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders and co-ordinate to collect requirements and plan deliveries.
- Being able to partner in product features, and technical designs.
- Proven track record of delivery.