Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Technical degree; Computer Science background highly preferred
- Architectural thinking and experience with one or more architecture methods
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience in related technologies such as virtualization, networking, storage, and data management systems.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services including compute, storage, networking, analytics, application services, management, mobile technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), augmented/virtual reality, and security within Public Sector customers including government, education, healthcare, and not for profit.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Your broad responsibilities will include: being a part of the team that helps a wide range of Public Sector customers through ownership of the technical engagement. We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
- Creating, building, educating, and training customers on computing architectures within the Public Sector.
- Working hard. Having fun. Making history. It is critical to love what you do and take pride in the value you bring to customers.
- Continuous learning and possessing an innate curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
- Become a Trusted Advisor and advocate for our customers as you guide them through migrating and building applications on AWS.
- Assist customers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies that will enable them to drive down costs and raise the bar for citizen services.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide solution community, customers and partners.
- Deliver presentations to customers, partners, internal stakeholders, and public.
- Understand and leverage internal business support systems.
- AWS Certifications and/ other external industry recognized certifications in IT architecture.
- Understanding of government compliance, security frameworks and regulations.
- Fluent in French (reading, writing and speaking)
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.