IAM Cloud Platform Engineer
Location : United States
Headquarters : Dublin, Ohio, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
The role is an engineer that is responsible for all platform support and supporting applications. Strong partnership with the IAM managed services partner and other business stakeholders are required to ensure IAM services, technology, processes, and operations adhere to Cardinal Health’s security policies, audit, and security controls while also maintaining agreed service levels and platform stability. The candidate should have an extensive background in IT operations with experience in maintaining and supporting platforms in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and applications as well as an understanding of Agile concepts. The right candidate must have a client-focused, team-oriented, approach that balances operational needs and user experience to provide best-in-class identity security to the organization. Overall scope includes services/capabilities related to Identity Management, Access Management, Privileged Access Mgt, API Security, and IOT/IDOT.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Self-motivated to identify potential areas of improvement within Identity & Access Management
- Fostering Innovation and Automation: Developing and/or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Technically oversee IAM 24x7 operational support operations with adherence to SLAs and KPIs. Participates in all CIE SRTs (Service Restoration Team) calls during escalated issues / outages, and problem resolution (RCA).
- Drive consistent improvement in the reliability and availability of IAM services.
- Accountable for the automated build of cloud environments (the entire technology stack) via scripting or other vendor provided tools (i.e. load balancer, storage, network, database, server)
- Maintenance and support for the code pipeline automation dev / sec / ops environment (NitroDX)
- Focus on Platform Governance & Security, automating operational tasks wherever possible
- Ability to implement and leverage monitoring tools on cloud-based servers for infrastructure and application monitoring and self-healing
- Lead and partner closely with manage service partners to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds contractual expectations
- Work with service vendors to deliver initiatives on time and within budget.
- Manages software life cycle. Responsible for ensuring software versions are supportable and compliant.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of experience developing applications (java)
- Minimum 3+ years of using Identity Access Management solutions (CyberArk, Sailpoint preferred)
- Agile and DevSecOps experience preferred
- Is proficient with many GCP/AWS concepts including security and compliance, compute, network, storage, data, monitoring, automation, Cloud Build, Python, and CLI
- Is comfortable with additional technologies including bash, Python, Git/GitHub/GitLab, Ansible, Terraform
- Proven development/scripting background & experience
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.