Support Engineer IV
Location : Bellevue, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- At least 4 years of Linux experience.
- At least 4 years Systems Administration/Engineering experience.
- At least 2 year scripting or programming language such as Perl, Python or Ruby.
The ideal teammate is passionate about Alexa and has a track record of success in working with distributed systems and AWS services. A commitment to teamwork, knowledge of IoT systems, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
As a Support Engineer IV, your responsibilities would include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions, developing, executing, and improving technical business processes, and driving resolution of technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
- Experience creating baseline metrics and monitoring of service health.
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
- A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.