Lead Software Engineer
Location : Bellevue, WA
Headquarters : Austin, Texas
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
At Valence, we are all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our team members. Our mission is to help our customers advance their digital transformation journey and we are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team.
Are you passionate about exploring new and emerging technologies and how they can be used to solve challenging problems? If so, then this may be the right opportunity for you. As a Lead Software Engineer at Valence, you will work alongside a group of talented engineers, project managers and analysts defining and implementing end-to-end, leading-edge solutions for our enterprise clients. With Valence, you can work in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impacts of your contributions. We love to innovate and are looking for people with a passion for learning and growing their technical skills.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the design & development of proof of concepts (POC) and solution accelerators using new and emerging technologies.
- Design data store/management, APIs, and processing services using the public cloud.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- You can translate designs into working functionality with flare.
- You will work in Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Waterfall environments and feel comfortable with any of the above.
- We expect you to take smart risks and champion new ideas.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- You have a deep interest in knowing the latest trends and techniques in the industry. You will have the opportunity to actively contribute to Valence assets —articles, whitepapers, case studies, etc.
- Experience working with one or more of the following areas: IoT, AI/ML, AR/VR, voice & chat, robotics, RPA.
- You have 3+ years building cloud-based solutions on AWS, Azure or Google
- 2+ years working as a Lead Developer.
- 5+ years of professional software development using modern web development technologies and languages including NodeJS, C#, Java, or Python
- Solid familiarity with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience designing and deploying RESTful APIs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- It's a plus if you have an AWS Developer Certification
- You are knowledgeable with front-end frameworks such as React, React Native, Angular2, or Vue.js
What will make you Successful at Valence?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.