IoT - Software Development Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Cisco IoT Business Group - India Development Center was established recently with a strong dedication to heavily invest in the industry-leading Internet of Things solutions. Cisco recently took the global leadership position for Industrial Switching and Routing, and we are investing heavily to drive even further int IoT by delivering full-stack solutions to meet our customer’s business needs!
- We are building smart, creative teams, tapping into the vast local talent, empowered to work on the latest, cutting-edge cloud technologies, micro-services-based architectures, DevOps, CI/CD methodologies and AI/ML based analytics platforms and solve business critical, challenging problems. This is the perfect time to join the world-class teams at the early stage of the India Development Center to help define, contribute, and craft the IoT Engineering India identity.
- Building test driven, highly scalable collaboration micro services in the cloud and the edge with CI/CD and Agile Methodologies using one or more of below technologies and gain hands-on expertise
Platform: Linux, Docker
CI/CD & Cloud Technologies: Jenkins, Kubernetes,
Who You are:
- A Smart, Curious, Challenge-seeking Software Engineer
- Passionate about the Internet of Things, Cloud Micro-services, DevOps technologies, AI/ML/Analytics
- Willing to jump in, learn and contribute in a global team of awesome engineers
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MCA degree with 6 to 10 years of demonstrated ability in IT industry
- Excellent coding skills in C++
- Experience in designing & developing software
- Exposure to CI/CD and Cloud Technologies like Jenkins,
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum working environment
- Experience working on Linux based Operating Systems
- Strong networking fundamentals such as IP, TCP/UDP, DNS
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills around to memory management, threading & networking
- Sound understanding in areas such as Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns
- Good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner
- Strong Java coding skills
- Working knowledge in
- Kubernetes and ReactJS
- Working knowledge on cloud micro services
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
- But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have Colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!